Mission: The 418 Project builds community in Santa Cruz and beyond by fostering physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being in an atmosphere centered upon collaboration and creative expression through dance and movement art.
Vision: We envision a world where everyone has access to a safe environment supporting the unification of body and spirit, becoming more connected to their true selves and their community.
• We openly disavow any and all white supremacist ideologies, practices, and organizations, as we firmly believe that the arts are a right to any and all peoples.
• We are committed to closing the racial gap in the performing arts by providing universal and affordable access to our event and performance spaces for our community.
• We aim to continue to bring the voices of more people of color into our space, in creative capacities, and through accountability practices.
• We aim to investigate ways to develop and facilitate various other forms of art, performances, classes, and events both independently and in collaboration with our
communities of color.
• With equity in mind, we aim to provide resources outside of performance spaces for our teachers, creators, and performers as requested, as well as needed.